Before the thaw started, however, I managed to capture some pics of the fresh snow that landed on the ice-covered trees.


The other interesting photos I got were of the icicles that are hanging off the sides of the house. A few of them fell as the temperature rose. I could hear the crash against the side of the house. However, a really large one was sticking straight out of the snow, just like a stake, before it really warmed up.
And, since it is also Christmas Eve, there was a lot of Christmas preparation going on here. I spent a few hours wrapping gifts. I suppose it would have gone a lot quicker if I wasn't talking on the phone and also checking the computer occasionally at the same time.
I'll be finishing the wrapping in the morning.Oh, and one thing I discovered this morning when I woke up--snow shoveling definitely works muscles you don't use on a regular basis. My back has been killing me all day! I did try to shovel out the patio, but I couldn't get the gate open because of all the snow. I guess I'm going to have to wait for it to melt...
Hope you had a peaceful Christmas Eve with your loved ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment