
I love buying Christmas presents for friends and family! It's always fun to have that little challenge of trying to find the "perfect" Christmas gift. Most people absolutely hate shopping for presents. For me, I want to find something that I know the recipient will love. Maybe it isn't very big or very expensive, but it suits them.

Then the whole wrapping process is fun for me. I love picking out the paper and ribbon, wrapping everything up the old-fashioned way, as opposed to using little gift bags. (For some reason, I just can't make a present hidden in a gift bag look very attractive...) Yes, I realize that the environmentalists would be cringing at the fact that you can't really recycle the wrapping paper, but it's so much fun to wrap the gift up in an attractive way.
I'm sharing some of my favorite "Christmas present opening" photos today...

One of my older brothers back in 1986, when we celebrated at another brother's place in San Francisco.

My sister, also taken on Christmas morning in 1986.

My mom, back in 1986. Note that we gave her a rice cooker that year. For a Filipino family, a rice cooker is a very BIG deal, lol.

My niece getting her very first iPod in 2005.

My younger brother in 2007 with a gag gift from yours truly. (He had complained that there were always too many peanuts in the mixed nuts that we had, so I found a large container of mixed nuts at Costco with NO peanuts!) We had a good laugh over it, and yes, he did share.
This is probably one reason why it's so hard to spend Christmas away from my family. Christmas is one of the very few holidays where we really enjoy ourselves.
Enjoy your family and your gifts this season!
No comments:
Post a Comment