Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow...

Close to four inches of snow here (so far) for today!

It's been snowing steadily since early this morning. I ventured out for a little bit, and although I was driving VERY slowly (about 20 miles an hour), I still slid a few times. Feeling the ABS have issues is a little unnerving. Anyway, I didn't stay out long, simply because it was way too stressful to deal with the driving conditions. But, I now own a pair of chains, in the event I do need to put chains on the car and get out.

I also walked over to the park about a block or so away to take pictures, and even walking over there was a bit of an ordeal. No slipping, but I did sink into the snow a few tmes.

The street leading into the neighborhood...
The street headed toward my house...The top of the recycling bin. See how much snow has accumulated???
The park down the block. Kids were sledding down the mini hills in the park. Snow-covered trees at the park. Hard to believe it's here. I keep thinking you'd see a scene like this in Colorado.I can't believe I'm saying this, but after a week of crazy weather, I can't wait for it to just rain so I can go out and get stuff done. This is definitely throwing a little bit of a wrench into the holiday stuff for everyone! It is cold (today's high was about 25 degrees, with a wind chill that made it feel like 12), but cold and dry is easier to handle.

BTW, it's still snowing steadily--no break yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment