Not really, of course, but it's starting to feel like it. This continuous snow storm has totally stranded the area. Flights are still being cancelled--way too many of them, which means that the passenger situation at the airport is a complete mess. At least 300 people spent the night there last night. And, judging from the live coverage on the news, it's not looking very good for those trying to get out tonight.
The snow count here at home is now up to almost 10 inches. It's not snowing now, but there's still a lot of it out there.Even the patio is completely under snow.
I ventured outside briefly to retrieve the newspaper (which was almost completely buried), get the mail, and to break up the nice untouched snow in my driveway. I could feel the layer of ice crack under the fresh snow each time I took a step. Unfortunately, I don't have a shovel, so I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to get the snow out of the driveway, especially since it won't be melting anytime soon.After being stuck indoors so much for the last few days, I'm definitely feeling the effects of "cabin fever." My sense of humor is not there, and I'm just a little impatient and sick of this situation. I'm even tired of watching movies! Yes, that is a little shocking for even a self-proclaimed movie fanatic.
The only plus - some interesting photos.



One other plus I forgot--found a brand new book of stamps, so I was able to send another batch of holiday cards out today. Now, if I only knew where I might have stashed more stamps for all those holiday cards that need to go to clients...Jen sent a couple of Hallmark e-cards to try to get me to laugh. Success, Jen! The cheesy e-card worked--thank you!!!
And poor Laura and I have been commiserating over her mother's travel trials. It is definitely a case of planes, trains, and automobiles trying to get her mother here. Hopefully, by this time tomorrow, Laura's mom will be safely sitting at Laura's warm house with the rest of the family.
Brenda, hope you make it back tomorrow--crossing my fingers!
OK, Mother Nature... we're ready for the meltdown now!
Oh yeah...another storm predicted the morning of Christmas Eve... grrrrrr....
No comments:
Post a Comment