Those of you who know me pretty well know that I love movies. (As I remarked to Jen the other night, I barely watch TV--I just watch DVDs!) So, of course, I do have some favorite holiday movies (and these are not listed in any particular order):
It's A Wonderful Life (1946): A classic that I was hooked on many years ago--so much, in fact, that I think I watched it every night for a week! It also helps that Jimmy Stewart is kinda cute...National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989): Yes, a little stupid at times and over the top, but still funny. I can't believe how young Julia Louis-Dreyfus is in this movie!
Elf (2003): So this movie is a little strange, but Will Ferrell just cracks me up!The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992): It's the Muppets--how can you dislike the Muppets? I love Kermit!
Bad Santa (2003): You're probably wondering why this politically incorrect movie is on the list. Well, thanks to Laura (yes, Laura, you're the one who recommended it to me!), I now own a copy of this hilariously outrageous movie. My warning: definitely not suitable for all ages, so don't make this one of the "family movies" to watch!
The Preacher's Wife (1996): So Whitney Houston is in this, but so is Denzel Washington. That means that there's pretty good music and a cute actor to watch! And, since it's directed by Penny Marshall, how can you miss? I think this might also be based on the classic The Bishop's Wife, made back in 1947.
Christmas With the Kranks (2004): Based on John Grisham's novel, I like the idea of trying to "escape" Christmas. Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis are hilarious as they try to create a last-minute Christmas for their visiting daughter.
The Family Stone (2005): A little sad at times, but a movie that I've grown to love. It ends up having a lot of heart, and the cast ain't so bad either!Surviving Christmas (2004): What happens when you don't have a family for the holidays? You rent one. This may not be the best movie ever, but it was entertaining enough for me.
The Holiday (2006): Two women who switch locations at the holidays. That is a great concept, especially if you're single!
Remember, the above is my holiday favorites list. But, if you'd like another opinion, check out Moviefone's 25 Best Christmas Movies of All Time.
And if you're wondering why I didn't mention any of the TV Christmas specials...well, that's for another day! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment