Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Happy Challenge


This particular challenge has been making the rounds on Facebook lately. The idea is to find something happy about every day for 100 days in a row. On the site, it says that 71% of the participants failed the challenge, citing lack of time. Wow. That's definitely telling about our society when it's impossible to find one happy thing in a day.

While the challenge is taking a quick photo about the "happy" thing in your day, I think the bigger problem is that lots of us fail to even note a happy thing while we go about our days. I don't think a photo is a necessity here. Just jotting a word or sentence down on a pocket notebook would suffice. In fact, I know that I have happy moments that I have no photos for, simply because I'm actually trying to enjoy the moment than record the moment.

I don't know if I'll actually sign up for the challenge, but I do want to start noting a happy thing/event in my day. In fact, I'll note one happy thing (although there are several) for today: 2-scoop sundaes at Baskin Robbins! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment