Tuesday, March 4, 2014

It's National Pancake Day!

Did you have your pancakes today to celebrate National Pancake Day??? IHOP has been running ads over the last couple of days, so with project life in mind, I decided we should celebrate this event, even if I couldn't eat them.

The toddler got a free short stack of pancakes (which he made a dent in, but didn't finish), complete with boysenberry syrup for an early dinner. We had fun having a little outing, just the two of us, especially since I don't make pancakes much at home, mainly because the gluten free ones just aren't the same, no matter what recipe I try. I miss the fluffiness of the gluten-filled pancakes, so it's just easier to stay away from pancakes in general. Of course, that's no reason to restrict my toddler from eating them, so I figured this would be a nice little treat for him.

Granted, I wanted to have something interesting to put in my project life album for this week, which is what spurred me to even partake in this "holiday." It's funny how I sometimes plan on doing things, just so I can put them in my project life album, lol. But, later, it's nice to look back and know that I'm experiencing life in general, doing little celebrations for little things as well as big. Does anyone else ever do that? Or am I just the crazy one? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment