Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Project Life - Week 50

As I mentioned earlier, I've been working backwards to catch up on Project Life. I can't post some of the layouts since I'm using a kit from Two More Days that is releasing in a few days, but this layout for Week 50 is one I can share.

CREDITS
Papers: Ribbon Candy (Gina Miller); Winter Wonderland (Micheline Martin)
Embellishments: Banner Masks No. 1 (Katie Pertiet); Everyday Stories Title Cards (Two More Days); Photo Journalers V1 (Gennifer Bursett)
Fonts: Bebe Neue (week, date); Arial (journaling); CK Ali’s Hand (captions)
Template: Pockets No. 3 – The Templates (Valorie Wibbens)

I will probably add a second page for this week - a layout aimed at capturing the 12/12/12 phenomenon in Week 50. I just haven't figured out what I'm going to do for the layout.

I realize that with using so many different kits that my entire 2012 Project Life album won't be uniform and consistent, but since it's my first year of Project Life, I'm just happy to have it captured! Plus, it gives me a chance to try out different things - layouts, techniques, kits that I've bought but haven't used before...lol!

In my 2012 Project Life album, I used various page protectors and included some layouts that were dedicated to things done during particular weeks. This made the album a little full after 6 months, so I had to branch out into a second album for the rest of the year. With the digital pages in the second half of the year, the second album may not be as thick. I also included lots more photos and did at least two pages per week, some a little more, depending on what photos I wanted to add. I know I also want to include the Christmas cards we received this year, along with a few other memorabilia items like ticket stubs, brochures, etc.

While I hadn't wanted to do hybrid scrapbooking, Project Life has turned me into a hybrid scrapbooker. :)  I think that until munchkin gets older, I'll be doing a mixture of both. In the meantime, another week done - another 17 or so to go! Luckily, some of those 17 weeks already have photos placed in pockets and the journaling completed - just need to print out the journaling, cut to fit, and place in the page protectors!

No comments:

Post a Comment