Earlier this month, I was yapping a lot about Project Life. It's just because I'm so excited to be starting again for 2013! Yes, I'm a few months behind on 2012, but I'm having so much fun revisiting and remembering what happened last year.
And, I thought I might share a few resources and freebies if you are interested in starting Project Life on your own! (Plus, my niece nudged me since she and I were on the phone talking all about how she can get started with Project Life!) Granted, I will be doing mine digitally (for the most part). The resources I'm sharing below can be used for digital or traditional or hybrid - the best of BOTH worlds!
Becky Higgins
Becky is the queen of Project Life. It started with her. She's got all sorts of tools and resources on her blog to get you going. And now there are all sorts of Project Life editions available digitally! (I'm loving the new Seafoam edition!)
Simple Stories
What helped get me started on Project Life last year was using Year.o.graphy from Simple Stories. It made the daunting task of keeping track of life so much easier by having bits and pieces that I could use as the months flew by. I figured it would make Project Life less scary to start with a basic kit.
Today, Simple Stories has 2013 free printables! These are meant to be used with their Sn@p Collection, but I think they're versatile enough for Project Life too!
A Vegas Girl at Heart
Yesterday, I came across this site while searching for something else. (I know I should keep track of how I got to sites, but I just end up on another tangent, LOL!) Melissa, the owner of this blog, offers lots of Project Life resources for free and in her etsy store. If you'd like some overlays, brushes, or journal cards, be sure to check out her site!
Cathy Zielske
I have been a fan of Cathy Zielske since my early years of scrapping. Her design style is clean and modern. And everything looks fabulous! I kept up with Cathy during my first year of Project Life, using her as inspiration. Cathy also offers freebies, like PL title cards for 2013! If you are a little worried about keeping up with PL, follow Cathy for inspiration. She makes it fun. And her blog is just plain fun to read!
Elise Blaha Cripe
I think I landed on Elise's blog through a tweet. I can't remember. No matter - I love her blog. And she also offers free Project Life resources, like awesome quote cards!
Smitha Katti
Smitha is a scrapbooker I found by accident. She has had various layouts published in Creating Keepsakes. Smitha also offers freebies for PL.
Michelle Bostinellos
I just found Michelle's blog today, and the best part about it - she is a seasoned PLifer! Definitely check out Michelle's Project Life section on her blog. There are lots of great ideas of how to include things in your album. Also, for 2013 she is starting a Saturday Project Life Blog Hop, where she shares blogs of other PLifers! It's always fun to see what other people are doing for their PL albums, so I'm definitely going to follow along!
I'll post more PL info (and some of my layouts) as I have time. No matter what (and this is what I told my niece) - whatever you capture will be worth it to you in years to come! Here's to Project Life 2013!!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment