Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Project Life 2013 - Week 1

It's so funny. I was so focused on having to catch up with Project Life 2012, I forgot about starting Project Life 2013, lol! So, tonight I put together the first week of 2013 (starting Jan. 1).
CREDITS
Papers: More + Less (Paislee Press); Basically Everyday (Lauren Grier)
Embellishments: More + Less (Paislee Press); Everyday Essentials Mega Journal Pack (Amy Jaz Designs); A New Start Word Art (Little Butterfly Wings)
Fonts: Bebas Neue (week title and photo captions); CK Ali’s Hand (journaling)
Template: Project 365 No. 1 and Project 365 No. 2 (Erica Zwart)

I have yet to do a 2013 title page. I wasn't even sure how I wanted to do my Project Life album this year. What I've decided so far is that I will probably do a mixture of digital and paper, so essentially it will be a hybrid album, which is what I was moving toward in the final quarter of last year. I had planned to go all digital, but when I looked back at my 2012 pages, I realized that I was going to miss the paper aspect. I know lots of people keep a particular color theme and format throughout their Project Life albums. I started out that way. But now, it doesn't matter as much to me. The important thing is to capture the details in whatever way is easiest for me. As two of the elements from the More + Less kit point out...
From More + Less by Paislee Press
This is something I've been moving toward in scrapbooking overall. If I stress too much over the details of pages, I might just not do the pages at all, so I've decided it doesn't have to be perfect, although a lot of times, I do find myself searching for just the right element to throw on a page. I keep reminding myself to just capture, then go back and fuss over things if I have time. It's hard enough to make time to get scrapbooking done, lol!  :D  

Last year, I also tried to take at least 1 picture a day, which I did pretty faithfully most of the time. For a few months in a row, I'd forget to take pictures on the 7th of the month. I'm not sure why, but I noticed that was the one day that was consistently missing a photo. This year, I'll still try to get one photo a day, but I'm not going to kick myself if I forget. Besides, there are a lot of  unused photos on my external hard drive for 2012. I'll have to pitch some of those someday!

OK, this is the first night I'm not trying to get a layout done for Month of Challenges, so I'm going to go off and do something else with my "free" time. Back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment