Sunday, January 20, 2013

I Wish I Remembered This Little Girl

Today's challenge: a freestyle page. This means no rules whatsoever. I never know how to approach this kind of page except to think of it as an art journaling page. Unfortunately, I didn't have anything I wanted to do in particular, except for some old photos of myself. So, I took a liberal interpretation of freestyle and just created a page with the photos using whatever I wanted. I'll admit it was a bit of a stretch for me, and I had trouble since I don't know how to do shadows very well on dark backgrounds. I still like the end result.


CREDITS
Papers: Black & White: Paper Basics (Michelle Godin Designs)
Embellishments: Text On a Path: Fun (Sahlin Studio); Build Your Own Butterfly (Pink Reptile Designs); Fresh and Worn (One Little Bird & Sahlin Studio); Black & White: Labelled (Michelle Godin Designs)
Brushes: Misty Paint (Lynne-Marie)
Fonts: Lauren Script (title); Myriad Pro (journaling); Traveling Typewriter (date)

What I really loved was being able to do something with these photos that weren't very good to begin with. Using brushes, I was able to just get the good parts of the photos. I also had fun using the text path and throwing some "fabric" trim on the page.

I guess the freestyle for me was being able to use a bunch of different techniques on one page. However one interprets freestyle, the main objective: have fun with creating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment