Saturday, February 2, 2013

Thoughts on Project Life

This evening, I found the Document Life Workshop website. There was an interesting article called "5 Lessons from a Year of Project Life" that I loved. It was all about making Project Life your own - devising a way to make Project Life fit into your life! 

Courtesy of BeckyHiggins.com
I've been talking to my oldest niece about PL over the last few days, sending her various links to resources and inspiration. One of the things that I really tried to make clear was to do Project Life in whatever way worked best for her, not anyone else. After all, documenting your life is for you and your family. It's not about documenting for anyone else.

I know lots of people swear by using the true Project Life kits from Becky Higgins, but I found that it didn't really work for me. Does that make my Project Life any less? I don't think so. I'm still documenting my life and doing it in a way that works best for me.

So if you think that Project Life is this overwhelming task, the reality is that it can be - if you make it that way. It can also be tailored to fit your lifestyle and free time. Don't worry about making sure everything matches or finding just the right embellishment or piece of paper. Use what you have or what will make it easy for you. It's YOUR Project Life. You have to live it to record it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment