Saturday, February 16, 2013

6 Months Snapshot Wins!

Last night, as I was trying to get the munchkin up to his bath, Meg posted on my Facebook wall. It was a link to the TLP Month of Challenges winners list. With trying to get the munchkin to eat dinner, chat on the phone with my brother, and set up a time to get my delivery of Girl Scout cookies, I had totally forgotten about the special chat to announce the winners. :)  Anyway, it turns out that I had won on Day 30, which was the Blind Scrap Challenge! That alone was a total shock since I have to admit that it was my first ever "blind scrap," and it had been one of the harder challenges for me to complete. Plus, with all the gorgeous pages that had been completed for that challenge, I didn't think I had a chance.

If you've never participated in a blind scrap, it's basically scrapping a layout that is described to you - no photo of the layout - and you see how close you can come to the original. I don't know why it was so difficult for me. Maybe it was because I was worried I wasn't following all the directions to the letter or that I didn't interpret one of the directions correctly. 

Here were the requirements of the blind scrap:
1. The background is solid and dark, with a thin little strip or two of patterned paper anchored with stitching on the top and bottom.
2. Single square photo, matted on one side of an approximately 4"x6" paper. The whole 4x6 mat is stitched down around the edges.
3. Little element cluster under photo, on mat.
4. Journaling in numbered list style opposite the photo on the 4x6 mat. Subtitle on a tab above the journaling.
5. About 7-8 strips of paper/ribbon/lace underneath the 4x6 mat.
6. Short title using an alpha on top of paper/ribbon strips.
7. Lots of colorful scribbling peeking out from under everything.
And here is the layout I created, based on those "clues":
CREDITS
Papers: Simple Things (Pink Reptile Designs)
Embellishments: Teak (Sara Gleason); Narrative (One Little Bird); Sew Artsy: The Stitches (Michelle Godin Designs); Assorted Messy Stitches – Brown (Katie Pertiet); Right Here Right Now (Pink Reptile Designs); New Beginnings (Kaye Winiecki)
Alphabet: True To Yourself (Pink Reptile Designs)
Fonts: Empire of Dirt (Kimberly Gershwein)

And, if you're wondering what the original looked like, you can find it here. It's so funny that the original is about her daughter at 6 months too!

No comments:

Post a Comment