Monday, April 29, 2013

Digging Into the Photo Archives

Finally getting around to blogging! I spent most of this morning taking care of lots of admin stuff that's been on my list, so now I actually have a little time to catch up on my scrapbook updates.

Over the weekend, I was determined to get a few scrapbook challenges completed. In doing so, I dug into my photo archives. I had forgotten how many fun photos I hadn't scrapped. That's when I decided to use my archived photos for the challenges. 

First up - a challenge to use the Sa_Cinta font. I love this font, although it would be a little hard to use for lots of writing. I chose to use it in my title:
CREDITS
Papers: One of a Kind (Simply J Studio); Crazy Beautiful Life (Memory Clips); Peeved (Clever Monkey Graphics and Mommyish)
Elements: Peeved (Clever Monkey Graphics and Mommyish); Fall Festival (Clever Monkey Graphics); My Better Half and Pieces of Me (Litabells Designs); Just My Luck (Cluster Queen Creations); Fallen: Mish Mash, Pasted & Pinned: Starter Elements, Today and Beautifall (Amy Stoffel)
Fonts: Sa_Cinta (title, date); Scrap Script (journaling)
Template: Page Formers 3 (Kim Brodelet)

The second layout was a template challenge. I chose to flip the template, delete two small photos, and remove the large complicated cluster on the side. (I can't seem to do large detailed clusters very well.)
CREDITS
Papers: Here Comes the Sun (Snips and Snails); Starting Over (Stolen Moments Design); Today (Amy Stoffel)
Elements: Here Comes the Sun (Snips and Snails); Fallen: Mish Mash (Amy Stoffel); Dream It Do It (River~Rose)
Fonts: Clingy (title); Sunshine in My Soul (journaling, Kimberly Geswein)
Template: April 2, 2013 Tuesday Template (Li)

Finally, a challenge where I had to use mist somewhere on the layout. I misted around a shape for mine. I also blended the background papers since I wanted the musical notes - which were important to tell my story.
CREDITS
Papers: Peace Kraft and Joy (Micheline Martin); Music of My Life freebie (Studio 68)
Elements: Be freebie (Micheline Martin); Cookies For Santa (Micheline Martin and Nikki Beaudreau); You Got Mail and Star Struck (Pink Reptile Designs); Sweet Storytelling (Sahlin Studio); Kitschy Christmas (Jen Barrette and Sahlin Studio)
Alphabet: Be Bop A Lula (Pink Reptile Designs)
Font: McEnneking

Three layouts this past weekend! So proud of myself for sticking to it! Plus, I also used older photos that were just sitting on the hard drive! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment