Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fiin Inspiration

I just read a great blog posting by Nisa Fiin, aka Splendid Fiins on JessicaSprague.com, about doing the popular Week In The Life (WITL) project inspired by Ali Edwards, and I am inspired!!!

Nisa created her WITL project using templates from Nettio Designs. If you want a sleek and clean look, you should definitely check out the templates. Nisa's finished album was complete awesomeness! She made the WITL project so manageable.

While I love doing Project Life, which I just started this year, there are times when it does seem like it can get out of hand. But, I try to keep perspective and realize that I'm capturing a year of my (and the little guy) life. I don't have to have every detail. After all, who is going to read the minute details? It's all for me!  :)

In fact, even now I find it cool to just pore over the pages I've created for the first five months of 2012. I have such short-term memory - chalk it up to the lack of sleep that most parents deal with - that I forgot I even did some of the things I did in the last five months. And now I've documented these things for posterity!

Maybe some day the little guy will enjoy reading all the journaling I've put into our Project Life album(s). For now, he just likes flipping the pages, possibly looking at all the photos of himself...

Oh, and why the graphic in the upper left? I created it using one of Nisa's templates from the "Evidence - Notes and Frames" collection (which I can't seem to find the link for on JessicaSprague.com). It's not really a scrapbook layout, just something I did for fun since I loved the photo and wanted to do something with it. It was perfect since Nisa is such an "out-of-the-box" designer.

That's all for now - gotta get back to real life. And I'll document it later!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment