Monday, May 12, 2014

Birthday/Anniversary Card File

While I was sorting through some things yesterday, I found a small file box of 4x6 cards from a paper crafting project I started many years ago. The box was a fun way for me to remember birthdays and anniversaries. Here are a couple of sample cards:
The cards also included their last names (which I have edited to allow for privacy). I also put a year after some of the dates - if I knew the year. This was a great way to use up odd little paper scraps and miscellaneous embellishments. I also had notes about each person's interests, written on the back, to give me ideas for gifts:
I'm not sure who manufactured the rubber stamp that is on the back, but I think having just plain lines running across the back would work just as well.

I didn't finish embellishing a lot of the cards in the box, but I'll have to go back and revisit that project at some time, when I can pull out my traditional scrap supplies. Of course, now I'll have to make space to do that, which is another reason I do mainly digital scrapping these days, lol! However, I do miss being able to cut, glue, tear, stamp, etc. actual paper. At least I haven't stopped scrapping completely, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment