Monday, May 27, 2013

Carpe Diem!

One of the challenges at The Lilypad is the One Word challenge. This month, the challenge was to use the phrase "carpe diem." I've always loved this phrase, and I try to remember to live it as well. 

So, in completing this challenge, I thought about moments in my life, trying to remember when I actually lived by the phrase and had a photo to back it up. One of those moments happened to be the very first time I went kayaking. I was vacationing in the San Juan Islands, and the moment came up, so I went ahead and grabbed it. It was one of the most memorable days of my life. Granted, it's not like jumping out of a plane or ziplining, but it was still a big deal to a non-swimmer. I'm just glad I did it.
CREDITS
Papers: Talk to Me and Heart Light (Allison Pennington); Chirpy Solids (Micheline Martin); Cleaning Bug (Pink Reptile Designs)
Elements: Primavera (Gina Miller); Wanderlust and I Am Not Perfect (Pink Reptile Designs); February Facebook Freebie (Sabrina Dupre); Vagabond (One Little Bird); Project Mouse Elements (Sahlin Studio)
Brushes: Misty Paint (Lynne-Marie)
Fonts: For the One Hundredth Time (title); KG Seven Sixteen (journaling)
Template: Page 4 Pops (Our Misadventures)

No comments:

Post a Comment