Sunday, September 9, 2012

Flashback and Fries

There were a couple of digital scrapping items that caught my attention this weekend. They aren't necessarily new, but they are new to me and finally hit my radar.  :)

Courtesy of The Lilypad
Remember Atari? I'm talking about "classic" Atari. If you're in my age group (or generation), you'll think PacMan, Centipede, Asteroids, Super Breakout. That's the Atari that I'm talking about, with the super simple joystick. Well, if you have pictures featuring those classic Atari moments, there is a cool digi kit just for that: Way Rad from Micheline Martin & Laura Banasiak.

But there's more than just the Atari mementos. Think cassette tapes, boom boxes, Rubik's cube. Just looking at the goodies in this kit makes me wish I had more pictures of me in the late 70's-early 80's, when I spent my free time playing miniature golf, arcade games, and going to the movies with my friends. Unfortunately (and fortunately in some cases!), I don't think I have many photos of all those times. I'll have to go back into my photo archives.


Courtesy of Sweet Shoppe Designs
Now, about those fries... Fast food was another thing that started ramping up in the 1970s. First, it was just hamburgers and fries. Then pizza and fried chicken came along. Today, fast food has expanded into burritos, Chinese takeout, Thai, and sushi. So, to document those moments, pick up Fries With That?, a collaboration between Traci Reed and Jady Day Studio. There are even sub sandwiches and drinks/coffee that remind one of Starbucks - without actually having their logo. And I know there are lots of people out there who take photos of Starbucks goodies with their iPhones!

Enough reminiscing for now. Going off to create - and try to do some laundry, lol! Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment