Of course, I can chalk it up to the fact that I spent two of those 3 days working on the newsletter, which was a huge pain in the butt this time because of the number of ads we HAD to include. So, the Reader's Digest version of the last few days...
On Friday night, we went out for a little Greek food and to finally present Glenn with a long-awaited, belated birthday gift to commemorate his 40th year. I had a little trouble with the light and focus, so I was unable to get a clear photo of the Turpin-Kortes clan. Also, Charlie just wasn't up to her usual self, so no smiling photos of this little pumpkin for the evening.We also had terrible service, but kept somewhat positive, especially since a wedding date was announced for Glenn & Josi.
And now for the photos....
Glenn looking at the first page of his "40 Years of Glenn" scrapbook.

The Cinas--before Charlie started having issues...
The wedding day is less than a month away!
The flaming saganaki was quite a sight, so at least two of the couples ordered it for an appetizer after witnessing the flames at a nearby table.
A little chaotic than normal for our group gatherings, but the food was good, and the company was outstanding!
Afterwards, Mike and I checked out a coffee place that was really cool. It was completely packed, but we waited it out and got a table, listened to live music, and talked for several hours.
Quite a way to end the hectic week!
I also watched a couple of movies while I was working on Saturday: I Could Never Be Your Woman and Martian Child. The first was a very off-beat flick with Michelle Pfeiffer having a fling with a younger man--very light and fluffy. The second movie was actually a unique plot that was based on real life. I haven't been able to picture John Cusack playing parts of a dad, but this was kind of interesting. The role certainly suited him. A thumbs up for me on Martian Child.
How funny. I watched I Could Never Be Your Woman this weekend too. Martian Child, I saw in the theater when it was out, and I remember thinking that it was not exactly what I had expected, but I really did enjoy it, and thought that John Cusack did a good job.
ReplyDelete