Sunday, January 26, 2014

My World - Watercolor Photo Technique

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm just not going to finish any challenges for this month. Call it a lack of mojo or something, but I can't seem to light a fire to get the challenges completed. However, there was one challenge that I had started earlier in the month that was bugging me since it involved a technique that I couldn't quite get, even with the tutorial that was provided. The challenge was to turn a photograph into a watercolor photo that was incorporated in your layout, so that it looked like a drawing/watercolor in progress. This was the best I could do - and that was even after seeking out video tutorials on YouTube:
CREDITS:
Papers: Explore Learn Grow (Sahlin Studio)
Elements: @ the office – file folder frames (Splendid Fiins); School Zone (Kim Jensen); Dayplanner (Paislee Press); You Got Mail (Pink Reptile Designs); Mash Up 3 (Gina Miller); Social Butterfly (Allison Pennington); Very Merry Month Misc (Amy Wolff)

I do like the end result, but I wouldn't say I was entirely successful with the watercolor technique. Oh well, keep trying, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment