In the meantime, the photos were available because I had scanned them quite a few years ago. But they sat on my hard drive, just waiting for me to DO something with them. And now, here they are.
A two-page digital layout highlighting my trip to Japan. It seems so, so...small. But, at least I can get the guilt of not doing anything with them off my shoulders.
One thing I ran into while I was trying to scrapbook this was the lack of Japanese embellishments available. I ended up having to find stuff on the Internet, but even then, it was hard to find anything that was scrap-ready.
One thing I ran into while I was trying to scrapbook this was the lack of Japanese embellishments available. I ended up having to find stuff on the Internet, but even then, it was hard to find anything that was scrap-ready.
CREDITS
Papers: Kokeshi
(Samantha Walker)
Embellishments: Anemone
flowers and gingko leaves (downloaded from Internet); Taste of Asia - Japanese maple leaf and flag (Britt-ish
Designs and Sahlin Studio); Nostalgia – ticket (Yoshiko Utsunomiya); This &
Thats – blue tickets (The Tattered Pear)
Stitching: In
Stitches – Red & Cream (Robyn Meierotto)
Mask: Scalloped
Strip (Katie Pertiet)
Template: Press
Plate No. 27 (Paislee Press)
Fonts: Karate
(title); Century Gothic (date); KG Seven Sixteen (journaling)
I also scrapped one of the photos from Japan with a quick page that I found on Two Peas in a Bucket. There really wasn't any room for this photo on the two-page layout, so I figured taking a shortcut for this one wasn't too bad.
CREDITS:
Template/Quick Page: World Traveler (Sande Krieger)
Font: Baby Boston
Maybe these two layouts aren't exactly what I had in mind, but at least I know that I've captured the moment!


No comments:
Post a Comment