Laura, her mother, and I saw Mamma Mia on Friday night. It was terrific! It was also the same production that Jen saw about a week and a half ago in San Jose. This was a great treat for Laura and her mom to have some time to do something fun, like dinner out at PF Chang's and going to a musical at the theater. (We also got dessert to go at a local bakery--the chocolate cream puff was unbelievable!)One drawback--the theater had a very steep incline, which was a problem for the three of us since we're all afraid of heights. However, as long as I didn't look down or get too close to the edge, I was okay. Laura and her mom, however, got a little dizzy. At intermission, Laura's mom moved back several rows, while Laura and I stayed in the front row of the lower balcony.
At the end of the production, the cast came out and did an encore with some of the songs from the show. It was so much fun--lots of people in the theater were standing and dancing and singing along with the lyrics. Everyone left feeling very upbeat. I know that Laura and I were singing along to old songs on the radio as we sat in the parking garage, waiting for the long line of cars make their way slowly down each level. If you ever get the opportunity to see the live production--take it! It's so much fun (this was my second time seeing it on stage), especially if you enjoyed the music of ABBA. The movie version comes out this summer--July 18th!!!
I also got a chance to take some great photos of Laura and her family. A big thank you to Laura and the family for letting me crash for the night! Here are a few of my favorite photos from the weekend...
Some cool artwork on the walls at the theater--I've never seen anything like this...
The twins...


The garden in the backyard...

Fun in the ball pit--JJ really got some air here!

Some newborns in the neighborhood...



The boys are growing up so fast! Though I only know them from pics- they sure are looking like the are loads of fun! The landscape photos... swoon. That big pink dogwood! ahhhhhh! swoon!
ReplyDeleteI know we talked before Mama Mia- I can hardly WAIT for the show! The artwork you snapped is a hoot!! I may have to refer to those images when I take my sculpting classes!! What inspiration... and I'll probably have to karaoke Abba in class, too!! haha!
~S