So far, today hasn't been too bad. I'm taking it easy, getting a little down time before going back to my usual, or somewhat usual, routine.
The gang and I went out to Chevy's for an early lunch, checked out Craft Warehouse, then did a little shopping at REI and Joe's for equipment for the upcoming sledding trip. I just need to find my snow apparel, which I know I have, but haven't used in quite awhile.
To explain the pic with "fish face Suz"...we were sitting in the car next to hers, waiting for Chevy's to open. To amuse Charlie, who was sitting closest to Suz, Suz started making faces to get Charlie to laugh. I definitely caught Suz in her element!
When we left Chevy's, Charlie wanted her mom's purse. Doesn't she look like a big girl here, even if she is holding her daddy's hand?And at REI...Charlie trying on her new snow suit...

Kathy kept saying she looked like the StayPuff Marshmallow Man, but a purple one...lol!
Last night, the airport was really deserted, but the Southwest Airlines crew had a little fun by singing to the waiting passengers. One of the crew members, Brent, was decked out in holiday wear--a silver "Happy New Year" top hat, silver beads (like at Mardi Gras), and a necklace that had mini ducks (similar to the ones that float in the bathtub), aounf his neck. Brent sang a little song to the tune of "Everybody Loves Somebody," that included words about being sorry we were delayed. And, just before the plane pulled away from the jetway, Brent also sang to the tune of "So Long, Farewell" (from The Sound of Music), with a few modifications to make it a little more personal. Everyone clapped at both performances, then wished Brent a happy new year!I also spent some time on the phone shortly before and after midnight, making phone calls to wish "Happy New Year" to friends and family. One thing Jen and I came across was astrological horoscopes for the upcoming year. What was hilarious was my horoscope (or horrorscope) for today...
You need to let go of your ego today -- and just have fun! When you're overly concerned about how you come off to other people, you can rarely be who you truly are! So if you want people to understand the Real You, you have to be the Real You. That means you can't hide your goofiness, your geekiness, or your silliness. You gotta show all the colors that make up your freak flag, and not be afraid of how they may or may not clash with others. People respect other people who can keep it real.
My "freak flag"?!?! Are you kidding me?!?! Such an odd choice of words! And who said I had a goofiness or inner geek???? ;)
Time for a nap...the holidays sucked the life out of me...
No comments:
Post a Comment