Monday, January 7, 2008

Girls' Spa Weekend!

Took off for the weekend with Suz, Kathy, and Laura. Originally, we had planned this spa weekend for August 2007, but a few personal issues (on my end) came up a few days before. So, the next available date was the first Saturday in January 2008.

First of all, it wasn't a bad way to start off the new year. We got a chance to pamper ourselves a little, get some girl time in, and also have a few new experiences--to say the least!

The spa weekend package included mineral baths and wraps, which we did before we indulged in massages. The funniest part of it all was trying to sit in the Bath Room with all of these women. The gals and I could barely stop laughing and the bath attendants kept coming in to shush us. First of all, I am not keen on baths (so much more a shower girl), so to sit there in hot water (even hot, scented water), was sort of excruciating. I felt bored. I know the whole idea was to relax, but for some reason, sitting in a tub doesn't relax me! It was definitely a SATC moment.

From the Bath Room, we were led to the Wrap Room, which reminded Suz of the movie Coma. Personally, I thought it was more like a mummy room since all these women are lying on tables in a darkened room, wrapped in towels. It wasn't bad, except for the fact that we could hear the running water from the Bath Room. Everytime the tubs were filled, it jostled me out of my relaxed state, plus it made me want to go to the bathroom. Ugh! Also, I was between Kathy and Suz--who couldn't relaxed and whispered "I'm bored" at me.

No pics of the baths or the wraps (although lots of comments from Victor!), but it was much better when we got to our massage appointments. I had a decent massage therapist, who loosened up the tension in my neck and upper shoulders. Overall, not a bad experience, but I'm not sure we would go back to this spa resort.

We also had a really nice dinner, then went back to our rooms to pamper ourselves, drink wine, play a game, and watch a movie until a little after 1 a.m.

Some additional pics from the weekend...

Look like fun? It definitely was! Thanks to the gals for making it a wonderful weekend!

P.S. When's our outing for next quarter????

2 comments:

  1. What comments!? I'm innocent I tell ya!!

    For the record when I told Shawn about it all he said the same thing.
    So there!! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh MAN!!! What FUN! You certainly deserve the pampering session! Love the photos of you all having fun, especially those cute dolled up duckies!

    ReplyDelete