Friday, December 28, 2007

A Trip Down Memory Lane...

In preparation for my heritage scrapbooking class this spring, I decided to take some pictures of where I grew up in my hometown. I stopped at my elementary schools and high school, along with the two houses I lived in while growing up. So, this is a bit of a Friday Flashback...

It was odd to see the very first house I lived in, so different from what I remember...so small...so shabby. It is definitely in need of repairs now. It's just that the house seemed so much bigger when I lived in it.

I don't remember what color the house was, but I know it wasn't white with teal trim. There's a picture taken long ago of me and my younger brother sitting on the steps in a couple of Hawaiian print outfits that were specially made for us. The outfits were hideous!

Some things are just better left in the past, such as bad fashion, don't you agree??? ;)

The high school, which seemed uglier than usual...The marquee that my senior class donated to the school as our class gift was missing. I thought I saw it a few years ago, but it wasn't present when I stopped by today. I'm wondering if it was damaged by vandalism sometime in the last couple of years. I know that it was an issue before.

One of the elementary schools I attended...
It's really different from when I attended it years ago. However, the time capsule that we buried under the school sign might still be there. I can't remember when it was supposed to be opened. Maybe 2000? Maybe 2010?

And finally, while I was waiting in the car for my sister-in-law and niece, I decided to try my hand at a little product photography... This was the only one that produced the results I wanted. Just imagine that it's supposed to be a close-up in a car brochure.

Ahhhh...practice, practice, practice--no matter what the subject, right?

Enough blogging for now. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment