Continuing with my post from yesterday about the CK convention this past weekend...
I started off the convention with an album crop on Thursday night. Susie joined me, and we got to create this cute little album about our favorite things.
We didn't finish it during the crop since there were quite a few projects, and the first instructor spent WAAAAAY too long on creating the cover and first page. Oh, one thing to note--I didn't create the cover the same way that they instructor did. I know--the rebel in me!
On Friday, I had lots of classes. Kathy and I had the same schedule, and Susie joined us for several of the classes. A look at the projects...
This purse album is from a Rusty Pickle class, and the mini album celebrates girl friends.


Kathy wasn't too crazy about this project. (Suzanne, you would have loved it!)
From Little Black Dress Designs, a mini album within a mini album (the other album is tucked into the left side of the bigger album).


Us gals with Tracy White, editor of Creating Keepsakes Magazine. Tracy taught an awesome class called Lucky Girl (see the tins we're holding?). She was extremely inspirational and very positive. Oh, and to help my "lucky girl" experience, I won one of the door prizes--the newest book from Becky Higgins, another famous scrapbooker! (Believe it or not, I didn't own the book before Friday!) Besides taking a photo with us, Tracy also autographed each of our tins.
Photo opp with Elizabeth Dillow, from Simple Scrapbooks Magazine. Kathy and I took her online class (via BPS). She was such a nice person--and so cute, being pregnant and all.
Elizabeth's project was an album about holidays. I haven't started the inside of this yet. (All the pages are black inside.)
There were a couple of other classes, but I didn't have the chance to finish the projects yet, so I'll post those at a later date.
On Saturday, I only had 2 classes. The first class was one that Kathy and I loved. It was a Rusty Pickle class about lessons learned from kindergarten.
The instructor was a bit ditsy (the same instructor from the previous day), but the project was fun. We actually completed the whole thing in the 2-hour timeframe.My very last class wasn't too bad either. It was a mini album from Li'l Davis. The funny thing about this was that I ended up winning a gift certificate in the convention door prize for the Li'l Davis booth. So, although I thought I was done shopping, I still had $15 to spend in their booth--and they had a lot of stuff for only $1-$2.
Now, about the pic that I posted last night. This was the best goody of the convention! Rusty Pickle had an awesome deal that included a suitcase (an actual traveling suitcase) filled with their products. There were about 300 sheets of paper, chipboard letters, various embellishments, an idea book, and more in this one case. See for yourself!
The suitcase (which I might consider selling)...


There was also supposed to be a pink bathrobe, but I forgot to check for it when I took the box and suitcase (the items were in a separate box so they wouldn't be flung around in the suitcase). Anyway, the products will come in handy for a bunch of projects that I'm going to start working on...
Quite a weekend, wouldn't you say? I'm a little creatively exhausted. It was tough to finish the mini album for my class, but that's complete as well. I'll post photos of that tomorrow, after I take them.
Okay, enough blogging for now. I will be back! (Probably tomorrow or later this week!)







WOW!! I'm DROOLING over all the pics and projects and potential pre-made fun!
ReplyDeleteGosh it looks as if you all sure had a ball and really got your money's worth! Too bad about the fuzzy robe... darn! But, it might have gotten fuzzies on your paper and embellishments and you wouldn't have liked that!
~S