Sunday, March 25, 2007

Thoughts on a Sunny Sunday Morning

Josi (I'm pretty sure it was Josi!) sent me an article written by Kristin Armstrong (Lance Armstrong's ex-wife) that was published in Glamour in May 2006. It's all about how women need to keep their own lives and identities even after they're married. I found it fitting to read on a Sunday morning. You might too. Go to: http://www.glamour.com/sexmen/feature/articles/2006/07/10/kristinarmstrong06may for the original online published article.

* * * * * *

Lots of working in the past week. I was a little burnt by Friday (and I got home around 10:30 after Thursday's class), so I spent a little time trying to catch up on things and watching DVDs: The Hills--Season 1 (don't even ask why this show intrigues me since the people in it are just so out of touch with real life--I think the disbelief that these people are real is what keeps me watching the train wreck), Gilmore Girls (Season 6 is the best), and The Holiday (really, really love this movie).

Yesterday, Kathy and I took a short road trip to Scattered Pictures and a new store called Paper Doll. SP was bigger than I remembered. It's interesting to see the product other retailers in the area carry, since each one carries some lines that the others don't. Paper Doll was intriguing. They have a class where you can take your photo and turn yourself into art. I'm considering taking this class, but haven't decided yet if I'll do so in April or not. I think it would be a cool technique to learn since I've been fascinated with turning myself into a Poppet.

Also had dinner with The Cinas at Old Spaghetti Factory last night, then ran into them and Glenn at Freddie's on the way home. It's amazing how much fun people in their late 30s have on a Saturday night! ;)

Off to work on a creative project--might be one of my entries for RP. Have a great day--oh, and for those of you on Spring Break, have a relaxing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment