Friday, February 5, 2016

The Artful Planner

Earlier this week, I divulged my passion about planners. Today, I'm going to share my attempt to infuse a little scrapbooking creativity into my planner. Let me say that I'm still in the "beta-phase." I haven't quite figured out how I want to do this, but I found it extremely fun and satisfying in the attempt!

Planner: Melange is a new collection just for planners from Crafty Button Design. After seeing Amber's planner designs, I had to make some time to try it out and see if I could actually use "artsy" in my daily planner. Here's a look at her new collection:
Planner Melange: Monthly Calendar Pack 1 by Crafty Button Design
Courtesy of Crafty Button Design
Planner Melange: Inserts Pack 1 by Crafty Button Design
Courtesy of Crafty Button Design
First off, I decided to bring in some digital elements and "write" in certain items, like birthdays and holidays, but I also included some notes that I would normally write on my usual planner pages. What's great about Amber's new planner pages is that you're able to personalize the pages to suit your style: fonts, decorative elements, etc. Everything on the pages shown below was added in via Photoshop. And a plus for doing it digitally - no extra bulk!

(FYI, the planner is an A5 size. I'm using the Carpe Diem Planner from Simple Stories.)
February Monthly Calendar using Planner Melange by cyranoscrap
February Monthly Calendar using Planner Melange by cyranoscrap
CREDITS
All supplies (except fonts) by Crafty Button Design, unless otherwise noted

Planner: Melange Monthly Calendar Pack 01
Creative Mind Mini Kit – quote
Love Story – heart
Cotton Candy – flowers, girl, label stamp
Gypsy at Heart – violin, ric rac
Cheers Mini Kit – lantern
SHE Mini Art Journal Kit – artsy girl
Colorful Chaos – stamp
Viva La Vida – Frieda drawing
Validation – Word art
Fonts: Loxley Caps (calendar dates), Shelter Me, Miserably Lose, Facile Sans

Granted, these two pages aren't the most intricate, but I'm quite pleased with the results. 


Next up to try: including photos in my planner! My foray into a more artful planner is slow progress, but I'm definitely enjoying it!

2 comments: