Sunday, February 7, 2016

Pictures in My Planner

The other day, I mentioned in my artful planner post that I was going to try inserting photos into my planner. I took a little time and tried the simple way - based on Project Life. I decided to use pocket pages/inserts, like those used in the Snap binders from Simple Stories, after reading a suggestion about punching additional holes on the pocket pages to include them in my Carpe Diem planner from Simple Stories.

First I took a couple of the inserts from Crafty Button Design's Planner: Melange Inserts Pack 1 and resized them to fit a 3x4 journal card space. I had to add a little "background" to fill the 3x4 space since the inserts, when resized, have some extra space when it is centered. I accidentally forgot to add in a little bit of background when I did the "Favorites" journal card, so I ended up trimming it smaller than 3x4 when I cut the card out. Oops. I unfortunately repeated the same oopsie with my photos, so I'll be mounting those on some cardstock to fill up the pocket space. Sigh. Anyway, here's how the pocket page turned out:

Pocket planner page by cyranoscrap
Pocket planner page by cyranoscrap
CREDITS
3x4 Pocket Page from Simple Stories
Planner: Melange Inserts Pack 01 from Crafty Button Design
Fonts: Pea BMad, Loxley Caps (initials)

And here's how the finished pocket page looks in my planner:
Planner pages by cyranoscrap
Planner pages by cyranoscrap
As I mentioned, this was very simple, and I love that I can include photos from the week with my every day schedule. In a way, I'm setting this up so that it's a scrapbook that I can keep - my version of Project Life. Once a month (or two) is over, I'll take the planner pages, pocket pages, etc. and move them into an album/binder to I can keep as a scrapbook. This is my plan in trying to simplify things and incorporate scrapbooking into my every day life. Crossing my fingers that it works!

Now, next up is to try to include some photos on the actual planner pages. This may take me a little longer, but I'll share when I figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment