Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Memory Box

Over the weekend, I actually captured a memory on a scrapbooking page. The memory was a few months old, but it still felt very fresh to me. Take a look...
Remember When by cyranoscrap
by cyranoscrap for Blue Flower Art
CREDITS
Papers, Elements, Paint: Memory Box (Blue Flower Art)
Font: PW01 Script (journaling, date)

The photo was originally in color, but I thought the black and white suited the mood of the Memory Box kit, as well as the topic of the page.

Memory Box from Blue Flower Art is a soft, poignant collection with a vintage feel.
Memory Box Elements by Blue Flower Art
Courtesy of Blue Flower Art
Memory Box Papers by Blue Flower Art
Courtesy of Blue Flower Art
Memory Box Paints by Blue Flower Art
Courtesy of Blue Flower Art
The paints include timeless graphics mixed in. They would be great for vintage photos! I just need to find more old family photos - or doctor some recent ones so they look old, lol.

As I mentioned earlier, this memory still feels very fresh. In fact, I was a bit sad as I looked at this photo, remembering all the feelings I had upon our departure. But this is the reason I scrapbook, why I capture memories. As I've learned, just because you think at a moment in time that you will remember everything about that event, sometimes you don't. I can't believe I have forgotten a lot about my high school years, although at the time of being an anguished teenager, I know I thought, "I'll never forget this." Ha! However, i do have some diaries/journals that I kept at the time, so I do have actual recollection of thoughts and feelings. Yet, some details are a little fuzzy. This is why I definitely believe in scrapping the good and the bad memories. After all, life isn't always bright and happy, even though we would like it to be.

So what bittersweet memories have you scrapbooked lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment