![]() |
| Defacing Paris mini album by cyranoscrap |
I haven't used my stamps much in the last year, so I pulled out the never-used stamps I've been hoarding, along with my ink pads and started stamping up a storm. First, I decided to stamp the black background with a diamond pattern using white ink. The ink wasn't evenly distributed and the pattern is a bit crooked when you look at it carefully, but I think it just adds to the charm of the project.
![]() |
| Defacing Paris mini album by cyranoscrap |
To make the wings look a bit more realistic (as realistic as you can be with wings, lol!), I carefully cut slits around the shoulders in the famed works of art so I could insert the wings behind them. Adhesive was placed on the back of the photo to secure the wings - I wanted them to be loose on the front so they had dimension, which is a bit hard to see in the photo.
I was trying to have fun and spread my wings (ha!) a little by going out of the box. I haven't experimented a lot with the grunge look, but this was the perfect project to do so. And, I have to admit it is so much more fun not being so precise on everything, such as the diamonds on the cover. The stamping isn't straight, but I like the effect. All in all, it worked for me! :)
I also created a card, but I'll be saving that for a future blog post. Even though it was only a card, it took me longer to create since I really didn't have any idea what I was going to create. I've noticed that without some thought on a project, it takes me twice as long to create. Note to self: try to plan projects a little better, lol!
And to Amy: thank you for putting up with my erratic creative process. I appreciate you providing feedback and support, especially when I have no idea where I'm going! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment