Friday, September 19, 2008

One Month...

Only one month until the marathon. It didn't even occur to me that today was Sept. 19th until my mentor sent an update out to all her mentees.

I'm a little panicked. It's not because I'm not ready, but because it's such a huge thing in my life. I have been training for the last four months for a goal that I had always wanted. There was no actual logical reason why I've always wanted to run a marathon, given the fact that I'm not a fan of running. But it was always one of those things that I wanted to do...an item to check off on my life list of things to accomplish.

And now it's only one month away.

Just a little photo taken by one of the coaches for the walking team after a run back in July. The fact that I'm still smiling after so many miles (this was taken right near the last few blocks of our starting point) means that I must find something redeeming in this running challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment