Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A Week Later...

Yes, another week of my life has gone by. I missed the whole Flashback Friday post, and I didn't even post anything about the weekend. Let's just say I've had a lot going on. ;)

Last Saturday, we had the Crop for Cancer fundraiser at the store. A complete success of an event! Kathy did a great job with prizes and being the general emcee. The women were happy, I was more relaxed than I've ever been during an event, and most importantly, we raised a lot of money for the American Cancer Society. I'd say a win-win situation overall!

Sunday, Kathy threw a BBQ at her parent's house for all three Relay teams. It was a fun time, until my allergy attack took over. I left after about an hour because my eyes were itching and watering, and I couldn't stop sneezing. The attack lasted until about Monday night. The worst part--I ran out of my prescription allergy medicine on Sunday, and the pharmacy wasn't open! So, several Benadryls later and the air conditioner running, most of my symptoms subsided. I haven't had an attack that bad in a long time. I was VERY happy when it started raining on Monday.

Today has been one LONG day. I started my new contract position this afternoon--a last-minute change since I was officially supposed to start on Thursday. With this new start date, I only had this morning to wrap up a few things, such as signing my instructor contract to teach at the senior center for the Parks & Recreation Department. Four people have already signed up for my heritage scrapbooking class, and I'm starting to panic since I haven't finished the content for even the first class session. Guess what I'll be working on this weekend???

I also dropped by the scrapbook store since we're having Customer Appreciation Night on Thursday from 6-9 pm. Almost 70 women had RSVP'd by 10:30 this morning. I have a feeling it's going to be a full house. And yes, I will be working along with the rest of the staff for this event. What fun that will be after putting in a full day at my new contract job!

I figured I'd get a little time this evening (after spending almost 3 hours at the scrapbook store this evening) to take care of a few things, but then my third job of the day kicked in--a revision of an ad for a lawyer. All I can say is that I'm glad I'm only going to be juggling all this for 2 months. I'm not sure I can do this for a longer stretch of time! :D

Oh, the contract position isn't bad, but the first day is a typical first day. I spent my afternoon reading a bunch of data sheets and brochures on the current projects to give me a better idea of what kind of collateral I'll be in charge of for their product launches in July. I'll say one thing: probes are NOT exciting!

Anyway, keeping busy obviously isn't going to be a problem. However, I think keeping my sanity might!

Cool thing for today: as I was driving to the office for the Parks & Recreation Department, I smelled fresh bread. It turns out that the Parks & Rec offices are across the street from where they make Franz bread! It was pretty cool to see the loaves of bread going up the conveyer belt as I drove by. The staff at the Rec offices said that the smell is unbelievable when they make cinnamon bread. Boy, talk about making your mouth water!

Have a great rest of the week--I highly doubt I'll be back before Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment