I think the video would be great for kids to see in their English class. And they just might want to have a dictionary handy for those big words in the video, ha ha!
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Word Crimes
There are days I actually love social media. Today was one of those days because a friend posted the video below:
As an English major, I cringe a lot over shortened versions of words. I understand taking shortcuts when it comes to texting, but when it starts to simmer over into real life writing...well then I just shake my head and wonder if the English language will ever be the same.
I think the video would be great for kids to see in their English class. And they just might want to have a dictionary handy for those big words in the video, ha ha!
I think the video would be great for kids to see in their English class. And they just might want to have a dictionary handy for those big words in the video, ha ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment