Sunday, November 15, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend #2,983,749

Another busy weekend. I think every weekend in November is busy, which is surprising for me. Usually I have at least one weekend free, even if it's only one weekend day! And did I mention that I also had a newsletter deadline this weekend??? %-)

Friday night found me having sushi with Jenn and checking out The Elevators at Vinideus. Jenn and I discovered that Nick had more groupies since the last time we had attended one of their concerts. At least half the clientele at Vinideus that night knew Nick and were there to hear him and the band play. They sounded great as usual, and a new band member joined them that night. The Elevators are expanding their repertoire to blues, so it's going to be fun to see what other songs they'll be performing in the future.

Although I didn't have any of the wines, I did get to sample desserts...
Saturday found me at an all-day conference for Relay For Life. Since I'm on the planning committee for 2010, the committee members had a mandatory training conference, where we attended different sessions, based on our committee responsibilities. I'm volunteering for the Public Relations committee, after a hiatus for several years. One thing about this event is that HOPE is THE word... Craft Warehouse had their annual open house on Saturday night, and I was too wiped to even attend. I think this is the first time I haven't attended their annual open house in the last four years, lol!

Sunday was a scrapbooking session to make exploding photo boxes. The gals all made a Christmas-themed box and had a blast doing so.
Another weekend that flew by. And with Thanksgiving coming up in a couple of weeks, the weeks are going to fly by even faster! Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment