Monday, October 20, 2008

Celebrating My Very First Marathon

Yesterday, I completed my very first marathon ever! I'll have more details on my running blog later. All that needs to be said is that I FINISHED!!! Yes, 26.2 miles, and I am now part of the 1% of the population that ever completes a marathon.

Wow! I am SO relieved! I am ecstatic! I am also VERY sore!!!

I woke up this morning, barely able to move. It was not a pretty sight. And, l was not the only one. Elaina (my roommate for the duration of the trip) wasn't doing so well either, but I know I was doing WAY worse...

I may never do another marathon in my life. But I will say that I love the Tiffany necklace I got at the finish line. It's just too bad that I can barely remember receiving the Tiffany box on a platter from the fireman in a tux!

More photos...

2 comments:

  1. WOO HOO! Way to go DL!!! So, when's your next run?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very proud of you!! That some feat you've accomplished.... you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete